In May 2014, Dr. Endean became the fourth president of International Baptist College and Seminary (IBCS).
In a day of increasing ministerial uncertainty that pursues novelty and relevance in an atmosphere of cultural uncertainty, Dr. Endean is burdened with the need of mentoring young people to conserve a Biblical and historic Fundamentalism. He desires to graciously teach young people that ministry philosophy must 1) develop from a proper understanding of the holiness of God, 2) advance the undiluted Gospel, and 3) be separate from the world.
Dr. Kenneth M. Endean had the privilege of growing up in a pastor’s home in a rural town in Michigan. He trusted Christ as his personal Savior as a child and, as a college freshman, surrendered to serve wherever the Lord might lead. During his time in college, Dr. Endean was burdened for young people and participated in campus ministry at Clemson University. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible, he traveled with The Wilds Evangelistic Team for a year before returning to Bob Jones University to complete his Master of Arts. While at BJU, he served as a residence hall supervisor and worked with the Dean of Men’s office.
Dr. Endean’s extensive ministry experiences have included:
- Youth Pastor at First Baptist Church of Troy, Michigan, under Pastor Michael Harding (1989-1996)
- Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Baptist Church in Scarborough, Maine—a suburb of Portland and founder of Cornerstone Baptist Academy (1996-2014)
- Elected president of the Maine Association of Christian Schools
- Served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee for the American Association of Christian Schools
- Elected as president of the New England Association of Christian Schools (2012)
- Served as the New England representative for the Foundations Baptist Fellowship, International
His degrees include:
- B.A. in Bible
- M.A. in Pastoral Studies
- Specialist in Ministry
- Doctor of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry (in progress)
Dr. Endean’s wife Judy (Gamble) has both her undergraduate and master’s degrees in the field of music and has over 30 years of teaching experience. She has taught music on the elementary, secondary, and college levels. Dr. Endean and Judy have a very personal connection to college students with their own children: Kristopher (married to Kimberly) is pursuing a Ph.D. with a desire to teach on a mission field. Tim (married to Rachel) recently completed an M.A. in Bible, has spent several summers in camp ministry and is currently working at BJ Press as an editor working on a secondary Bible curriculum. His daughter Katelyn is currently enrolled at IBCS.
Dr. Endean’s life verse is Philippians 1:20, “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.”