The Master of Divinity degree is the anchor program of the Seminary. While the Master of Arts in Ministry degree gives you an overview of what you need to know for pastoral or evangelistic ministry, the M.Div. will provide you the advanced theological training to prepare you for multiple ministry settings. It will give you breadth and depth in studying the Bible, helping you to build a bridge between God’s revelation and practical ministry. You will become skilled in Biblical interpretation, theological reasoning, and practical application. Included in this 96-credit program are courses in Biblical languages; Biblical, historical, and systematic theology; and ministry philosophy and practice.
An approved bachelor’s degree is required to be admitted into the M.Div. program. You will also need to show your readiness for Intermediate New Testament Greek either through the successful completion of Elementary Greek at the undergraduate or graduate level or through the successful completion of a proficiency exam that we will provide you. If neither of these options works for you, you may still be allowed to enroll in the M.Div.; however, you will need to remove the language deficiency within two years to remain in the program.
In addition, the New Testament teaches that pastoral leadership is the responsibility of men (1 Tim. 2:12; 1 Cor. 14:34). Because the Master of Divinity program is designed specifically to prepare men for the pastoral ministry or the equivalent level of leadership in Christian service, the Master of Divinity program is open only to male students.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Divinity program, you will be able to do the following:
- Integrate a personal love for God with an ever-expanding relationship with people.
- Evidence a comprehensive understanding of the original message of the Bible through the application of legitimate hermeneutical principles.
- Value a deeper knowledge of the historical development of Christian thought and practice.
- Employ an expanded ability to relay and apply the Bible’s message to the modern audience.
- Value the commitment to Biblically based separation.
- Apply effective, Bible-based solutions to problems encountered in ministry leadership.
- Construct a genuine concern for people through an understanding of human problems.
Future Ministry Opportunities
Along with vital ministry experience and mentoring, the M.Div. will prepare you for a wide range of ministry responsibilities the Lord may call you to fulfill. Some of these ministry opportunities include the following:
- Senior or associate pastor
- Missionary or church planter
- Camp ministry leader
- Military or community chaplain