The IBCS Financial Aid Office helps students and parents understand the financial aid options, and it processes all institutional scholarships and Federal Financial Aid. Federal Pell Grants are awarded on the basis of need as verified by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Department of Education guidelines.
Financial aid is available in three basic categories:
- Federal Grants
- Institutional Scholarships
- Federal Student Loans
The Financial Aid Office will assist students in acquiring eligible monies. However, IBCS recognizes that the primary responsibility for financing college education rests upon students and their families.
The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the FAFSA. IBCS strongly recommends that parents and students use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool option when filling out the FAFSA. Students with financial aid questions should contact the IBCS Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid and the FAFSA
The Financial Aid Office processes all federal grants on the basis of need as verified by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA form becomes available each year on October 1 and must be filled out annually to get any financial aid. Fill out your FAFSA today!
5 Things to Know about Financial Aid
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)!
- Select the IRS DTR (Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool) when completing your FAFSA.
- Determine your FAFSA dependency status.
- Submit scholarship applications to the IBCS Financial Aid office prior to July 1 if you wish to be considered for IBCS Institutional Financial Aid.
- The Department of Education randomly selects FAFSA forms for verification.