International Baptist College & Seminary

Student Due Process

At International Baptist College and Seminary, constructive suggestions are always welcome.


The due process procedure detailed below is intended to ensure that a student with a complaint is given a fair hearing and is treated with respect. IBCS freely admits that members of the IBCS staff can at times be in the wrong and that students should have the right to have those wrongs addressed in a Biblical fashion. This procedure is intended to provide the means for that fair hearing. 

Filing a Complaint Against the College

  1. The student with the complaint should detail the complaint in writing (letter/e-mail) and then make an appointment with the Dean of Students, or his designee, to file an official complaint. The Dean of Students will attentively listen to the complaint and ask any clarifying questions. If the student’s complaint involves the Dean of Students, the student may take this first step with either the Academic Dean or the President.  
  2. The Dean of Students will keep the name of the student in confidence unless the student waives this right. The Dean of Students will determine whether this suggestion has enough merit to bring it to the attention of the administration for review and further action.
  3. If further action is required, the Dean of Students will do one of two things.
    1. Administrative concerns will be brought to the attention of the Administration Team ("A-Team") at one of its regularly scheduled meetings.
    2. If the issue is so urgent that it cannot await the next regular meeting of the A-Team, a new meeting will be scheduled.
  4. If the results are still unsatisfactory, then an appointment may be made for both the student and the President to meet with the Chairman of the Board.
  5. If the problem is still not resolved, the student may address the problem with TRACS or the Department of Education by following the instructions below.

Filing a Complaint with TRACS

  1. Only after the above procedures have been completed should a student file a complaint with an external entity.
  2. Students wishing to file a complaint with TRACS should go to the TRACS website and follow their current instructions:

US Department of Education

To file a complaint with the United States Department of Education, please follow the procedures as outlined on their official website:

It is essential that no student proceed through the process without completing each step in its prescribed order.

Distance Education Students

Distance Education students who have completed the internal institutional complaint process as outlined above may appeal non-instructional complaints to the AZ SARA Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the AZ SARA Complaint page at